Friday, February 18, 2011

Science Friday!

I'm a pretty big NPR nerd. I subscribe to many of their podcasts and most mornings I'll wait in the parking lot at work just to finish listening to a story on the radio before going in. Not only are they a class-act organization, they bring so many services at no cost to the consumer. Programs like Science Friday, This American Life, Car Talk, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me are all available for download and I would highly recommend any one of these for you non-believers.

Many of you may remember the burrowing owl video I posted back in December of 2010. I received so many positive comments and I really appreciated all of you who forwarded the video on to your friends and family. One "Anonymous" commented on my blog that I should submit the video into NPR for their Science Friday weekly showcase. If you're reading this, thank you for the suggestion.

Just this afternoon NPR called me for an interview while posting the video on their webpage. It was a short interview, but the exposure was great. I was so thrilled to hear from friends in California, Texas, North Carolina, Florida, and South Carolina that they heard the program.

For anyone that missed it and would like to hear the interview and see the video again, here's the link.

NPR Science Friday - Creature Feature (look at the lefthand side of the page for the audio file, my section is halfway through).

3 comments:

  1. Mac,you never cease to amaze me! The Burrowing Owl video is awesome....how clever to sneak your camera in inside a traffic cone!
    Ann Shahid
    Francis Beidler Forest
    Audubon SC
    Harleyville, SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys.. it was a fun experience... definitely some good PR for the owls too!

    ReplyDelete