Monday, October 8, 2012

Pretty in Pink

The spoonbill saga continues. I just went down to the Keys for a week to train the new head of spoonbill research at the Tavernier Science Center. When I walked in the office, Dr. Jerry Lorenz handed me a book from Bearport Publishing. I completely forgot I submitted images nearly 6 months ago on this project and here it was, printed, bound, and ready for distribution.


The author, Stephen Person, contacted me early this year to help collaborate on a children's book about the roseate spoonbill and the work we did with National Audubon and the Tavernier Science Center. Jerry helped with the text and while it has the illustrative feel and design of a children's book, it's actually incredibly informative about the Everglades ecosystem and the lives of these beautiful birds. If you have a child who needs a good book this Christmas, give this one a shot. You can tell them you know one of the photographers!

You can find it here on Amazon: Roseate Spoonbill, Pretty in Pink

3 comments:

  1. a children's book, a a children's book, a book for children... did the idea come to you last year in December perhaps?? er that's when I planted the Wild seed of an idea -- thank goodness for the archives. that's o kay just need to work on my book agent skills at least I have the knack LOL knack for talent recognition and inspiring talent to move forward and build and job creation ... sorry I have not checked in latly congratulations on your publishing feather in your cap. Carry on reach for the stars dream the impossible dream march into hell for a heavenly cause blah bah blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I know I know, but no, the idea wasn't mine. I was contacted by the publisher to provide photos. I'll give you credit though, you definitely called it. You're my golden goose!

      Delete