Saturday, December 25, 2010

All You Need Is...

Aerial photographs taken in Everglades National Park

With Christmas tunes pulsing through the radio, nutcrackers poised at attention on the mantel, and 30 degrees biting at the windows, I am sitting by the fire at my parents' house in Gainesville, Florida. My two older brothers, aunts, cousins, and two dogs are in the family room snuggled up watching a movie. There are still a couple people missing by this fire, but that's okay. I have a full belly of warm chili, I'm wearing my favorite sweatpants, and I'm in such a peaceful place right now, thinking back on the year; not so much about what I've received this year, but what I've always had.

I am so grateful for such a solid support group, uncompromisable friends, and an indomitable family. With everyone already all buttered up on holidays spirit, it's the perfect time to voice my gratitude. 

So I would like to say thank you, for tagging along, for carrying me through, for pushing me forward, and for never holding back. Merry Christmas!

There's nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time,
It's easy...
All you need is Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment